Monday, April 8, 2013

The Tao of Jim

Jim had lots of sayings, or as I would refer to it, The Tao of Jim. I have found several on his computer and phone and intend to share them here along with other recollections.

 
During grad school I was whining about the work load. Teaching, working in the studio, the commute- it all came to about 70-80 hours a week. After venting one evening, Jim said,

"If you have time to complain, that means you aren't working hard enough."

Ugh! He was right. Again.
--wife, Dee

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry that I only learned today of Jim's passing. I met him through the old Eclectic board gatherings in the 80's (when he was still with the Big 8 Consulting firms) and 90's, had the occasional lunch or dinner with him at Nate's on Midway in Addison. (The photo above looks like it might have been taken at Nate's.) Then I got busy (well, went broke, actually), passed through a series of jobs and misadventures and lost touch with Jim. I'm sorry he's gone, and Dee, I'm very sorry for your loss. I can understand how big an empty spot he left. I hope some of the other Eclectic-ians will stop by here and share their memories of Jim.

    ReplyDelete